Saturday, June 30, 2007

Beautiful Day



What a beautiful day it is going to be. My eyes opened at 5:30 am and I could hear our resident pheasant outside of my window. He is really getting big. No predators except for our little Yorkie ZuZu (zoo-zoo) who likes to bark and chase him out of the yard. Love her to pieces!!!



I haven't done any quilting, sewing or crafting lately. I have a million and one ideas. I just need to capture one and do it. I did finish 2 quilts. One is a scrappy quilt and the other I named "My purple passion which I am going to enjoy snuggling under this winter maybe while trying to do a little needlework.




Talking of needlework and quilting I just love Leanne Beasley's work http://leanneshouse.typepad.com/
I would love to get some of her patterns and create. She also has the 365 quilt challenge. I don't know if I could truely complete that. I guess if I got all the pieces cut and supplies needed and then left it by my nightstand to write on every night then maybe. Just don't know if it would be interesting. Would every block say "Got up, went to work, ate, time for bed". I guess I would need to just be open minded like my title said this morning "Beautiful Day". Maybe I need to be a little more, what is the word, responsive-open minded-receptive-creative-explorative or maybe instead of a word maybe just stop and smell the roses.

Talking about stoping and smelling the roses. My darling husband is begining to learn what that saying means. I love to watch his energy and his focus. It has taken me about 21 years but I think that I may have gotten him to enjoy the present a little. The property we bought, 4 acres in 2001, had only one tree on it and since then we, mainly hubby, okay hubby have planted too many trees to even begin to count. So when he stops mowing and just sets there and stairs around at the trees I say to myself "He's smell'n the roses". What a great sight to see, it gives me that happy feeling in my heart.

The 4th of July is in the middle of the week this year so it is kind of a bummer cuz no 3 day weekend. Our plans are that we are going to do a little fishing and hopefully catch something we can keep and eat. The last time we went fishing the ice was still on the lake and my tackle got caught on the edge and I couldn't get it free so DH helped and snap went the poll so guess what I got.......A NEW POLL!! Oh well I had that one for a few years so time to upgrade. Like hubby and I say, "Building memories!"

I believe that I have rambled on plenty enough for today.
I am going to go enjoy this Beautiful Day!!

To be truely blessed in life you need to be greatful for even the little things.

Greatful for:

1. Puppy kisses and pheasant squaks in the morning
2. My husbands arms in a good morning embrace
3. A beautiful sunrise
4. Cherrios

No comments: